What it Means to Chase a Dream




    
Interconnectivity on a global scale is a balance of good and evil on the mental psyche. We have the ability to expose ourselves to different cultures, communities, and interests while gazing at pictures of places we have never been. Knowledge of any subject is readily available at our fingertips or a keystroke including full college degrees and certifications from campuses on the other side of the globe. Technology’s exponential spread makes distance almost irrelevant as we connect through various social media sharing our lives and interests in the form of videos, pictures, and much like this article, written word. The positive contributions to the global community aren’t without their own caveats, as the disconnect in distance allows for anonymity, for better or for worse. You have to take content at face value whether or not an individual is being genuine, or if it is an elaborate show of acting for marketing purposes. In the same way, it can be difficult to gauge the ladder of personal growth in the pursuit of success in life or career. It can be inspirational or discouraging seeing levels of success, because rarely do you see the years of effort, failures, or experiences that refined the skills to get them to that level of success. Chasing a dream isn’t easy, as it takes passion and dedication to see it through, or at least enjoy the journey of doing what you love. 

    Sometimes a dream evolves as you learn and progress, and that’s ok, it’s part of the process just the same as trying different ideas and facing failure when it doesn’t work. So you adapt and overcome, learning from these experiences in order to create the next plan or next product. That is the key and most important aspect, learn from past mistakes in order to create future successes and above all, keep going. What you see on social media or a TV screen is only a portion of reality crafted to guide your perception of something. Success is what you create and perceive it to be. Keep your eye on a lofty goal, and revel in the small successes along the way, making the most out of the journey. That is how you attain the wisdom to acquire that goal. 

    Similar to most children growing up I didn’t truly know what I wanted to do after school was finished, though I took great interest in any technical and hands on subjects the school offered such as automotive, manufacturing, and engineering. The love of learning how things work attached to my affection to music lead me to aspire for a career in something related to audio. At the time it was car audio, I studied for my MECP, and even applied for what I considered to be a dream job installing car audio and various other automotive upgrades or modifications. I got the interview, and I honestly didn’t follow up. It wasn’t a case of the nerves, but more along the lines a sense that the job just wasn’t right for me. It was a few months after this that I had my first audiophile experience that changed my view of audio forever and my career path.

So what’s the dream for this writer? I want to leave my mark in audio, even if it is as simple as refreshing vintage equipment so that music lovers can continue to smile enjoying their favorite hobby. To say I dedicate my life to audio means all of the subjects that audio encompasses including  physics, electronics,  carpentry, coding, and of course the complex emotional effects of the music itself.  Being so remote in the country as I am has made it very difficult to find any work in the high end audio industry, let alone anyone who knows it exists! I am very honored to have been offered the opportunity to assist with marketing for JansZen audio, it has already taught me many things and given insight into the industry I have longed to be a part of for years. It has been a long journey to this point, but at the same time I am just getting started on my path. As referenced earlier, success is what you make it and perceive it to be. I feel successful to have overcome the hurdles necessary to be here today and grateful for the opportunities and blessings that prepare me for tomorrow. That’s what it means to chase a dream. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Angela-Gilbert Yeung - C312 Preamplifier & SP CP36 Cap Pack Review

LSA Voyager GaN 350 Review

Vintage Speaker Maintenance - QLS-1 Woofer Recap and Base Repair